Making a difference means knowing the laws and having the correct information. It is very important that permittees are familiar with and understand all laws and regulations that pertain to the sale of age-restricted products, such as tobacco, tobacco products, alternative nicotine products, and electronic nicotine delivery systems. The links provided below are to help guide you in your understanding of the different laws and regulations, but please note that this information is not meant to be all-inclusive, but rather a compilation of items or topics in which we receive the most questions from permittees.
If you have specific questions regarding your tobacco permit and/or State and Federal laws pertaining to tobacco products, you may e-mail those to email@example.com. This e-mail is regularly monitored by the Alabama ABC Licensing and Compliance Division.
Code of Alabama, 1975, Title 28
Alabama Alcoholic Beverage Control Board Administrative Code - Rules and Regulations on Tobacco Products:
- Glossary of Terms (Tobacco)
- Offenses (Tobacco)
- Information Required for Tobacco Permits
- Operation of Permitted Premises
Alabama Department of Revenue Electronic Nicotine Delivery System (ENDS) Manufacturers Directory:
- Section 28-11-17.1, Code of Alabama 1975
- ALDOR ENDS Directory Information
- The ENDS Directory may be found HERE
- Using the link above, go to the Businesses Section, then select “View or Upload a Report.” Under Tobacco Reports, select ENDS Products Directory. You may then search by Manufacturer or Product.
Helpful Content Provided by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA):
- FDA's Comprehensive Plan for Tobacco and Nicotine Regulation
- Center for Tobacco Products (CTP) Compliance & Enforcement
- Retail Sales of Tobacco Products
- Selling Tobacco Products in Retail Stores
- Retailer Training and Enforcement
- Warning Letters
- Report Potential Tobacco Product Violation
- FDA Tobacco Compliance Webinars
- FDA Education Program: This is Our Watch